PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
- Data protection
- Information we may collect from you
- IP addresses
- Credit card anti-fraud
- Our cookies
- Blocking cookies
- Deleting cookies
- Changes to this privacy
This website employs Comodo Wildcard SHA256 and industry-standard SSL to provide secure credit card transactions. SSL is a communications protocol for transmitting private information over the internet. It works by encrypting data that is transmitted over the SSL connection. When you place an order, your credit/debit card information is encrypted and then sent over the internet using an SSL connection. No one can read or access the data that is being transmitted.
In addition to the company's safeguards, your personal data is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act (the 'Act'). The Act requires us, as registered Data Controllers, amongst other things to ensure that the data we hold about you should be processed lawfully and fairly. It should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. The information should, where necessary, be kept up to date and not retained for longer than is necessary. It should be kept securely to prevent unauthorised access by other people.
Information we may collect from you
For us to process your order, we need to know your name, email address, delivery address, credit/debit card number, security code and expiry date. We will not collect any information about you unless it is specifically and knowingly provided by you. The information we collect will be accurate and up to date. You can check this at any time by contacting our customer care department. We will immediately correct any inaccuracies you report.
Additionally, we will look at the products you buy, together with the way you view our site to enable us to send you information about products and services that you may be interested in. We will use this information to tailor your view of the site to make it more interesting and relevant in respect of the products and offers on view.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Credit card anti-fraud
We take the risk of internet fraud very seriously. With the volume of fraudulent credit card transactions increasing, we make every effort to ensure all orders are thoroughly checked using the information already supplied. There is a possibility we may contact you to make additional security checks and we ask for your co-operation to enable us to complete them. Fraudulent transactions will not be tolerated by us and such transactions will be reported to the relevant authorities.
Introduction: A cookie is a file that your web browser places on your computer's hard disk for record keeping purposes. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. The cookie does not store any credit/debit card information nor password details.
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website.
For more information about cookies, please visit the website of the ICO (Information Commissionner’s Office) https://ico.org.uk/
Navigation cookies are cookies necessary technical functioning of the site www.phyto-haircare.co.uk. They optimize the display of content from your device.
These cookies are not essential to the proper functioning of the site but they optimize your experience on our site. They allow us, for example, to identify you if you chose the option to be recognized for each connection to avoid having to enter your login. In case you add any items in your cart, cookies allow us to regain your cart as you left it when you closed your session without proceeding to finalize your order.
These cookies allow us to track your navigation for purposes of optimization. The collected information includes the number of visitors, origin and details of pages that have been visited. This information helps us to make improvements to our site, the shopping experience and our campaigns.
We use both Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics to analyse the use of our website. Our analytics service provider generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies.The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of our website and is anonimous.
The analytics cookies used by our website have the following names: [_ga, _gat, __utma, __utmt, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz and __utmv].
Cookies and marketking direct targetin third and cookies
These cookies allow us to send commercial messages that interest you through your browsing history.
Third-party cookies are those that are sent by third-party partners of confidence. These cookies allow you to present our offer to other affiliated websites (retargeting). As regards third-party cookies, we do not control the information provided by the cookie or have access to such data. This information is completely controlled by third parties in accordance with the details provided in their policies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 11) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy" and then "Advanced";
- in Firefox (version 44), you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", "Privacy", selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, and unticking "Accept cookies from sites"; and
- in Chrome (version 48), you can block all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Content settings", and then selecting "Block sites from setting any data" under the "Cookies" heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 11), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11);
- in Firefox (version 44), you can delete cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Privacy", then selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, clicking "Show Cookies", and then clicking "Remove All Cookies"; and
- in Chrome (version 48), you can delete all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Clear browsing data", and then selecting "Cookies and other site and plug-in data" before clicking "Clear browsing data More information about cookie
You may choose to opt in to receiving our newsletter, either directly through the “Subscribe to our Newsletter” or the “Newsletter Registration” option, by purchasing goods through our Website, or submitting an enquiry form on our Website. If you choose to opt in you will receive related newsletters from us via email to your registered email address.
In order to unsubscribe from our newsletter please select the “unsubscribe” option in your welcome email (or any subsequent newsletter emails). Please note this is an automated service and as such we cannot be responsible for any errors which may occur in submitting your unsubscription request. Please contact us if you require any assistance with unsubscribing from our newsletter.
Changes to this privacy
We are constantly looking for new ways to improve the website. We may amend this Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time. All such changes will take effect once they have been posted on the site and you will be deemed to have accepted any such changes by your use of the site from time to time.
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding this Privacy and Cookies Policy or about any information we hold about you by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.